Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thank You

“Mom, are you sure that people made fun of you when you were in school? You have a lot of friends.”

Yes, I do. Wonderful friends who have picked me up when I have fallen down so many times over the past few months. Thank you, MOMS, for the unbelievably generous gift for my family and for all those great snacks. However, I won’t be reading the story about the Twilight boy on the cover People although I appreciate your effort to convert me.

A special thanks to Jill S. for watching my kids, cleaning my house and helping out with book club. Thanks Jen K. for watching my kids and helping me with my board and book club duties. Thank you Mindy G. for watching my kids. Thank you Michelle H. for watching my kids and all those little things you do to keep me sane. Thanks Stephanie W. for the encouragement and laughs through constant correspondence. Thank you, Sarah B. and Maxine J. for encouraging me to write even when I didn’t have the energy or interest. Thank you Aunt Brandi, Nanny, and Papa for being here for my kids, cleaning my house, doing my laundry, taking my little athletes to games, and doing so much to keep Tom and me functioning.

The prayers and positive thoughts have been much appreciated and please continue to send them our way. Things are going great so far, and we hope the progress will continue. If all continues to go well, you will see me soon and I’ll be back picking books from “authors who try to hard” and filling your email with demanding service project requests. (By the way, your charity vote is due no later than Monday, June 21, so get that in please.)

Keep reading. I am slowly making my way back.

Much love,

Garabageman’s Daughter