Sunday, October 10, 2010

When Mother Is Away...

Father allows the children to dress any way they desire. However, when I examined my four children only my oldest child looked like he paired togther clothes that he found in two different dumpsters. I would like to blame this on my husband, but I must shoulder the responsibility for my eleven-year-old having no idea how to dress himself. I have picked out his clothes for him everyday since birth. The dressing process requires no thought on his part. Shirt, pants, underwear, socks, and shoes wait for him every morning in the downstairs bathroom. He showers, puts on the designated clothes, and then tops it off with his backpack that I loaded for him.  I thought this made me a good and caring mother. No, this means I am going to have a child who lives in my basement until I die and he moves into his sister's basement. 

When I tell my son that he will most likely spend the rest of his life in my basement, he responds, "Have you looked at me?" 

Indeed, he is face pretty. But if his pretty face continues to be framed by stripes and plaids, we'll eventually be building an outside entrance for our basement.