Thursday, September 16, 2010

Could Be Technology Overkill

Seventy-six unread text messages. No contacts in the address book. Voicemail never set-up. Personal cell phone number not memorized and never given to anybody but my husband. This was the state of my $25 GO Phone when I retired it in favor of an iPhone 4, which was a thoughtful gift from my husband.

Four weeks later, no contacts in my address book. Personal cell phone number not memorized and only given to my husband. Five calls made, all to my husband. Seven calls received all from my husband with the exception of a lady looking for Jim.

But no complaints, I now can check Facebook at stoplights, send email at my daughter’s soccer practice, have yet another place to store Prince music and am ready to take candid pictures at all times. And, if there  is ever an emergency, I might even be able to make a phone call.