Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Wonderful Surprise

Every woman, even if she does not admit it, wishes her husband would send flowers to her office. Well, today was my day. Of course, I don't work in an office and I don't spend my time in a stuffy cubicle. I am a public librarian and my desk is a huge reference desk -- a huge reference desk where I displayed my gorgeous bouquet this morning.

Yes, my co-workers and the general public were impressed by the beauty of the flowers and thoughtfulness of my husband. I teared-up, each time I read the card: "If I'd had known I was going on my last first date, I would have brought you lots of flowers then too." So sweet. So romantic. I am a lucky woman.

Today is the fifteen-year anniversary of our first date, which was sort of a blind-date/group get-together that was a sympathy set-up because I did not know anyone in Texas where I was attending graduate school. The other couples did not want or expect their matchmaking to work. But, when I saw him walk through the apartment door, I knew that I found my husband.

Handsome Husband, thank you for the beautiful flowers and a blissful 15 years with many more to come.