Friday, September 10, 2010

A Few Thoughts on Silly Bandz

I have never considered home schooling my kids, not even for a minute. Well, not until all three of my school age kids came home wearing Silly Bandz. Exactly what they need. One more thing to fight over. One more thing that will get lost and result in tears. One more stupid trend on their arm as if a washable tattoo isn’t travesty enough. Silly Bandz are nothing more than jelly bracelets from the 1980s updated and now shaped like cats, trucks and garbage cans, except you don’t see Madonna wearing Silly Bandz.

But hey, it is sure great that your kids are so generous. I made sure that my kids will be giving your kids a gift in return. When you son calls his baby brother an “idiot.” No need to blame grandpa or HBO. My kids are as generous as your kids and natural teachers too. Thanks for the Silly Bandz.

Author's Note: Silly Bandz have been officially banded at my kids' school. No sadness on my part.