Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Why Blog?

According to the Blog Herald as of July 2008, there were approximately 70 million blogs on the Internet, and there are certainly far more people who are writing blogs instead of reading them. So, why add another blog to the noise?

There are many reasons, but here are a few of my favorites:
  • I am a sucker for peer pressure. Everyone is blogging, so why shouldn't I?
  • Blogging is quick and dirty. Essay writing is an exhausting labor that involves hours of writing and re-writing and mountains of research. Blogging allows me to let the words out and move on without much commitment or hard work.  
  • I am a perpetual attention seeker.
  • I want all the boys who broke my heart to read my blog and regret the day that they dumped such a fine talent.
  • I can give my point of view and tell my side of the story without having to pretend to care about other people's opinions or the actual truth.
  • I want every person whoever met me to search my blog endlessly to see if I am writing about them. 
  • It's my stage, so it's all about me, me, me. I will be the star of my narratives. This is not a place to showcase photographs of my kids, nor is my blog the venue to vent about my complex relationships with my parents, in-laws, and husband, I'll save that for therapy someday or just continue to complain about them behind their backs. 
  • And, most importantly, I blog because it is cheaper than alcohol and antidepressants.
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment