Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Was That Kid

"Hello," said the unsuspecting mother of three when she answered the telephone.

"Mrs. Garbageman, I am your daughter's first grade teacher, Mrs. Reese. I am concerned about your daughter. She has told everyone in our class that there is no such thing as Santa Claus."

"Is that so?" she said as she grabbed her six-year-old daughter by the arm.

"Yes, she ruined Christmas for a lot of kids. I think you should take her to a psychologist. Research shows that young children who do not believe in Santa Claus share the same sociopathic tendencies as children who abuse animals."

"Thank you for your call. I promise you nothing like this will happen again. "

Yep, that's the story. If you were Mrs. Reese's first grade class in Central Pennsylvania and had a miserable Christmas in 1979, I am truly sorry.