Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Slack as a Root Word

Slackitism is the process of believing that one is participating in meaningful social change by effectively doing nothing like joining a group on Facebook or boycotting a store for a day. Since I am fortunate enough to work in a helping profession and am deeply involved in a non-profit organization that requires me to take the lead on numerous charitable service projects, I am not guilty of slackitism

But I am a huge slacker in other parts of my life. You know the phrase “pick up the slack?" It is me you are picking up after. So, if slack were a root word that provided the foundation to describe my skills, talents, interests and abilities, these words would describe the activities in my life.

Slackleaning: The process of wanting a clean house without picking up a mop, broom, vacuum, or a toilet bowl brush. One step into myself house you would have the visual that goes with the definition.

Slackostess: Wanting to host fun parties without actually planning, buying, preparing anything or even inviting anyone. I like to think of a party as a state of mind.

Slackolarship: The process of wanting to write and publish meaningful works of scholarship without research, re-writes, literature reviews, or query letters. My slackolarship has led me to slackogging. See below for definition.

Slackogging: This is process of blogging daily without a plan, an outline, goals or any real topics in mind as evident by this post.